With Mother’s Day being right around the corner, our Mom’s Night Out was extra special this month. I worked with the Dads to coordinate a surprise Progressive Dinner for the Moms. The ladies were served appetizers at our house, dinner at Katie’s house, and dessert at Lee’s house. We had Dads “serving” at each house, and to our surprise, they added a few special touches to make the night unforgettable.
House 1: Appetizers and a “Mom” mason jar with pictures and quotes from the babies.
House 2: Dinner and our favorite “guilty pleasure” snacks with pictures and quotes from the babies.
House 3: Dessert and our favorite flowers with pictures and quotes from the babies.
Our Mother’s Day Celebration will continue as we make a handprint craft with our babies at playgroup this week.
- Artminds Simply Surfaces ceramic hanging plaque
- Wax paper
- Acrylic Paint (I used Martha Stewart’s Satin Paint)
- Paint brush
- Fun paper
- Typed quotes
- Heart stickers
I found everything for this project at Michaels.
- Cover the rope with foil so you do not get paint on it.
- Place the plaque on wax paper.
- Paint the top and sides of the plaque with a few coats of paint.
- Trace your hand and your baby’s hand using different paper designs. (I traced Rhett’s hand when he was asleep).
- Print this Mothers Day Quote and border with the same paper you used to trace your baby’s hand.
- Glue the handprints and quote onto the plaque and place the heart sticker on your baby’s handprint.
Happy Mother’s Day!